A security camera is a great piece of technology, that can monitor your home or business indoors and outdoors, giving you peace of mind.
If a criminal breaks in to steal your valuables and damage your property, a security camera will gather evidence that can be used to capture the thief. Therefore, many experts suggest that people should invest money in this security product to protect themselves and their property.
Over time this technology has evolved and now there are many different types of CCTV cameras tailored to specific individuals or organisations.
If in the past you had to struggle with wires when you wanted to set up a camera outdoors and pay high subscription fees, you no longer have to deal with this as there is now a reliable option of wireless cameras. It is amazing that you have the option not to sign up or pay a fee just for additional recording storage.
However, with so many security products available, it can be hard to choose the best one for yourself, especially when you have got no experience purchasing or installing cameras. In this article, we will look at some of the best outdoor security cameras without subscriptions to guide you in the right direction.
Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight Camera
This one is our personal favourite. Although it does require an Arlo Smart subscription for some of its features, it’s still better than the SimpliSafe Wireless Outdoor Security Camera. The Arlo products are known to many people, however many of them require a hub and wiring, but the wireless Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight Camera on the other hand offers a much better experience where you can view your cameras via an app anywhere and anytime.
The resolution of this camera is high quality, it is weather resistant, captures motion triggered videos, and can cast a bright light over movement. The CCTV camera can be installed in minutes and you can enjoy most of its best features without paying a monthly fee. The videos are sharp and the camera itself looks like other reputable Arlo cameras.
Arlo Pro4 Wireless Home CCTV Video Security Camera, 6-Month Battery, Colour Night Vision, 2K, 2 Way Audio, Built-in Siren, No Hub Needed, 90-Day Free Trial of Arlo Secure Plan, Black
- 2K VIDEO: Superior image quality on your outdoor video security camera with 12x zoom & 2K HDR video that lets you capture important details with clarity
- 160° FIELD OF VIEW: Focus on the most vulnerable parts of your property with wide angle 160-degree viewing
- INTEGRATED SPOTLIGHT: A powerful integrated spotlight on your wireless home CCTV camera lets you see important details in colour even at night, and helps deter intruders
- WIRELESS & WATERPROOF: Your video security camera is 100% wireless and weather resistant for instant protection you can rely on
- BUILT-IN SIREN & 2 WAY AUDIO: Trigger siren remotely or have it sound automatically when motion is detected. Hear and speak to visitors using the built-in speaker and microphone on your camera
- ARLO SERVICE PLANS: Sign up to an Arlo Secure plan and for a small monthly fee unlock advanced features to customize your security. Free 90-day trial included as standard
- CONNECT DIRECT TO WIFI: No SmartHub required, simply connect to your 2.4Ghz WiFi network for 2x faster installation
eufyCam 2C Pro
We love that this security camera has zero hidden costs, you get what you see and pay for. Only charged once and don’t have to pay to access your security storage. Of course, it is a wireless outdoor camera that runs on battery, so it works for 180 days from one charge, before needing to be charged again. Like Arlo, it has a 2K video resolution that can be viewed on your eufy security app.
One of the best features is being able to directly communicate with those that approach your home. However, what happens once that footage has been captured? If it gets saved, how secure it is? In this day and age, it is hard to stay safe online, therefore customers value products with privacy.
eufyCam 2C Pro claims that privacy is its priority. Videos are stored locally as it provides more security than if you were to save them in any other facility. Many people believe that this means not being able to access the footage anytime, however, you can still do that via a 256-bit encrypted connection. So, whether it’s your family you want to protect or just yourself – this security camera will be perfect!
eufy Security, eufyCam 2C Pro Wireless Home Security Add-on Camera, 2K Resolution, 180-Day Battery Life, HomeKit Compatibility, IP67 Weatherproof, Night Vision, and No Monthly Fee.
- 2K Resolution: When it comes to security, the key is in the detail. See exactly what is happening in and around your home in crisp 2K clarity.
- Half-Year Security from 1 Charge: Avoid frequent trips to charge the battery and enjoy 180-day battery life from just one charge.
- Detailed Night Vision: View recordings or live footage in crisp clarity, even at night, for a clear view of who’s there.
- The Alerts That Matter: Human detection technology enables the camera to intelligently detect body shape and face patterns. Ensuring you are only alerted when a person, and not a stray cat, approaches.
- Ready for Any Weather: With an IP67 weatherproof-rating, eufyCam 2C Pro is built to withstand the elements.
This security camera can give you complete peace of mind, inside and outside your house. It is a full HD outdoor Wi-Fi CCTV with no subscription required. When looking at its key features, it is very similar to the previously mentioned eufyCam 2C Pro.
It is weather resistant, hence making it perfect for outdoor conditions. It also works during the night with its built-in infrared night vision. This one also has got a two-way audio, so if hearing and speaking to your visitors is a must, then you need this camera.
You will also need it if you prefer to have the choice between a wireless or wired CCTV. Overall, this camera is well-respected in the UK, making it the perfect choice if you are based in this country.
The brand has won several awards for its networking products and is known for good customer service. An astonishing security camera, especially considering that you get so many great features with no hidden, monthly costs.
Last on our list is the SimpliCam 24/7 HD security camera. Although SimpliSafe is a very well known brand in the UK and around the world – we felt like when it comes to good non-subscription cameras, the others on the list fit better. However, this is still a good option if you want to go for something more familiar.
While you don’t need to pay for a monthly plan, it is still recommended to purchase the full SimpliSafe Home Alarm security system alongside the SimpliCam, which means you are still expected to pay more money for a better experience. But you are not required to get it, therefore you still have a choice in regards to that.
However, there is a lack of flexibility as it’s not a wireless camera. You also cannot use the SimpliSafe app without a subscription, which really puts this security camera at a disadvantage. We honestly recommend going for the other three if you’re looking for a high-quality no-subscription camera. However, if this is the only brand you trust, then we think you should go for the SimpliCam.
SimpliCam 24/7 HD Security Camera
- Integrate with the SimpliSafe Home Security System (recommended) or use as standalone camera. The system supports up to 10 cameras, so you’ve got all angles covered.
- See what’s happening in your home using the HD SimpliCam with ultra-wide, 120-degree field of vision. Flawlessly stream live for free on your smartphone, tablet or computer. Subscription required to record and store footage. Plans start from 16p/day, sold separately.
- Privacy shutter with bank level secure encryption, so only you control when your camera is active.
- Two-way audio – let intruders know they’re on camera or see who’s at your door. For outdoor placement an outdoor kit is required (sold separately).
- SimpliCam’s intelligent detection algorithms are calibrated to detect the unique heat signature of humans, so the instant notification alerts you get are the ones that matter.
Companies often put extra features behind a wall. CCTV can already be really expensive so a subscription only adds to the cost. Not everyone has the budget for a high-quality camera plus a monthly fee, therefore people are seeking out other security cameras that fit in with their current circumstances.
If you’re looking for a well-known brand then we recommend Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight Camera. There is also the SimpliCam, however we don’t think it compares to the former in this case. eufyCam 2C Pro and D-Link DCS-8302LH are both really good if you want to go for a cheaper option with no-subscription costs and good features.
Whatever you decide on, we hope that this post has been helpful!