A burglar alarm is a system designed to detect intrusion into a building, by detecting an unauthorized entry.
It allows the owner of the property or facility time to assess whether they need to call for help and in some cases can scare off intruders with loud sirens.
Burglaries are often crimes of opportunity as thieves will take advantage of unlocked doors or windows that give them quick entrance and access to valuables within minutes.
Having burglar alarms fitted can deter opportunist burglars from targeting your home because it increases their risk if caught red-handed with items; therefore lowering your chances of becoming a victim by up to 80%.
Burglar alarms cost on average between $100-$200 per installed device – this price varies dependent on the system you choose, the number of doors and windows that need burglar alarms fitted as well as your home location.
The price increases if you add in additional features such as remote control operation, window decals to warn burglars off and even monitored services with emergency call center access for help upon break-in.
Burglary is a crime on the increase so it’s important to take action now by investing in burglar alarm systems so as to prevent any future break-ins.
Different types of burglar alarms
There are different types of burglar alarms, these being; Interior, Exterior, Motion Sensors and Wifi with subtypes in here determining if they are wired or wireless.
- Exterior Burglar Alarms
Exterior burglar alarms can withstand multiple different forms of weather and as a result, are more expensive to buy.
However, they are also able to provide a more complete security solution due to the fact that they are outside the premise and as such can warn you before any intruders get in. Price range: £150+
- Interior Burglar Alarms
Interior burglar alarms are able to be placed on windows and doors, they also have a keypad so you can change the code in case it gets stolen or out of date.
These cost less than exterior burglar alarms but still need batteries which is something to keep in mind when thinking about what kind of burglar alarm will suit your home best. Price range: £50+
- Motion Sensor Burglar Alarms
These burglar alarms are great if you have a garden or an outbuilding. These burglar alarm systems can be placed near the doors and windows so they work very well for those with large homes or gardens to cover.
Additionally, these burglars alarms oftentimes do not need batteries which is another cost-saving feature that comes in handy when installing this type of security system. Price range: £20+
- Wifi Burglar Alarms
These burglar alarms are great for those of you who have a smartphone. These burglar alarm systems can be connected wirelessly to your wifi and when someone breaks into your home the burglar alarm will alert your smartphone so that you know what is going on at all times.
Additionally, these burglars alarms often do not need batteries which saves money in the long run as well. Price range: £50+
Burglar alarms are a great way to help protect your home and personal property from being stolen.
The cost of burglar alarm systems vary, but the benefits they provide can be priceless for those who do not have them installed or want additional security features.
We recommend that you install an inexpensive system first if possible before considering more expensive options like wireless ones.
This will allow you to see how much value it provides in protecting your business and property without spending too much money upfront on something that may not work out as well as expected.
Have any recommendations about which types of burglar alarms might work best? Let me know!
Featured Burglar Alarm
ERA Protect Smart Exterior Burglar Alarm
- SMART ALARM SYSTEM – The Protect home security system is set-up, controlled and operated from one easy to use smartphone app. The first wireless burglar alarm system to be awarded a BSI (British Standards Institute) IoT Kitemark, ensuring your data is safe with end-to-end encryption. Dual path technology allows the home alarm system to work on both ethernet connection or the built-in SIM card, and makes sure you’re always connected.
- EXPANDABLE ALARM SYSTEM – Expand the home securtity system with up to 96 accessories including multiple PIR & Door/Window sensors, Keypads & Sirens. Add external, Internal, floodlight & doorbell cameras to fully protect your home as your security needs grow.
- EASE OF USE – Access your home alarm system, doorbell & cameras from anywhere, anytime with your ERA Protect Smartphone App. Add and assign as many users as you require, and control all operations of the system with the easy to use application.
- ALEXA & GOOGLE HOME COMPATIBLE – With Alexa and Google Home you can control your home securty system using your voice. You are able to arm, part-arm & disarm your alarm, and turn your securty cameras on or off onto privacy mode.
- KIT INCLUDES – 1x Central Alarm Hub, 2x Pet Friendly PIR’s, 2x Door/ Window Magnetic Contacts, 2x Remote Controls, 1x Live Siren, All fittings and operational instructions + Free 3 month trial of our ERA Protect Plus Subscription on activation of account.