Here’s a little example, differentiating a regular PIR from a pet-friendly PIR:
Why Should You Get a Pet-Friendly Burglar Alarm?
Pets are restless; let’s all agree. No matter how good they are, it can be challenging to contain them. Even if you’ve trained them well, it’s unlikely that they won’t fidget around.
It’s like they make it their business to peep their noses into everything. They look very cute doing so, and there’s no denying that. But more often than not, they end up hurting themselves.
When you have a regular alarm system, they might go off over the smallest intrusion. Smallest, meaning your pets. Those alarms will then be triggered for no good reason, and it’ll probably scare your pets.
Also, if your alarms have any wires connected somewhere around, your pet can tangle itself into them, which is quite scary and dangerous.
Hence, it’s best if you get a pet-friendly burglar alarm. The pet-friendly burglar alarms won’t identify your pets as intruders and will work just fine whenever they’re around. So, you don’t have to be at crossroads, choosing between your home’s safety and your pets.
You can ensure your home’s safety and have as many pets as you want. Your pet-friendly household can stay protected with your pets intact.
Having burglar alarms installed in your homes is the smartest thing you can do, given how much the theft rate has increased.
These alarms help you protect your premises and immediately alert you if an intruder is trying to break in. The more robust your alarm is, the safer you’ll be.
However, if you have pets in the house, you should have a different burglar alarm. This is because pets often disturb the alarms, triggering them, which might scare them off.
So, if you’re a pet owner, your best option is to install pet-friendly burglar alarms. Let’s get into more detail regarding these pet-friendly burglar alarms.
How Do They Work?
Pet-friendly PIRs are made to function to ignore any pets walking around. The PIRs are basically motion sensors that sense body movement in the room and immediately send off an alert.
They work through thermal energy, detecting any environmental change through someone’s movement. For example, if the room’s empty, there won’t be any change in the room’s thermal environment. But the moment someone walks in, the motion sensor will acknowledge the change in thermal energy and trigger an alarm.
Yale AC-PETPIR Alarm Pet Friendly Motion Detector – Sync Smart Home Alarm -200 m range – Works with Alexa, The Google Assistant – Philips Hue [Energy Class B]
- TAMPER PROOF MOTION DETECTION: Triggers your alarm and notifies you immediately when motion is detected within the large, 12 meter, 110 degree range
- SYNC ALARM PET FRIENDLY MOTION DETECTOR: The sensor will activate the alarm when movement over 25 kg is detected so you will not have false alarms with pets in the home; If it detects movement over 25 kg it will trigger your alarm and notify you immediately when motion is detected in your home
- EASY TO SET UP & INSTALL: Link to your Yale Sync Smart Home Alarm straight out of the box, allowing you to customise your system with 40 accessories; Easy to install on walls & in corners with no tools required
- EXTENSIVE 200 M WIRELESS RANGE: Protect your garage and outbuildings with our 200 m wire-free range
- SECURE ENCRYPTION: The latest technology to make sure your home stays secure and protected
- SMART ALERTS WITH THE YALE HOME APP: With the Yale Home App you have no monthly fees or subscriptions, you can arm, disarm, part-arm and check status of your alarm via the App; It’s the same for your connected accessories, you will know when someone is in your home with the motion detector or when the alarm is triggered with real-time notifications
- SMART TOGETHER: Bringing you a new level of security with the ability to integrate with lights and voice assistants to enhance your security system
Do Pets Trigger Pet-Friendly Alarms?
Normally, they don’t. But some pets are a bit too fidgety than others. For example, cats who keep jumping on kitchen counters or big-sized dogs running around may automatically set off the alarm.
Pets will always be fidgety, and you can’t cage them for too long, so be prepared for the alarm sometimes to go off.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t install burglar alarms even if your pets keep running around. One thing you can do is ensure your pets don’t get out of control, so your pet-friendly PIRs will also stay managed.
Please do not think having pets is a barrier to getting burglar alarms around your house. If you still feel unsure about burglar alarms, there are options to explore.
YISEELE Security System, GSM Home Alarm System 17 Piece kit Wireless Burglar Alarm SMS/Calling LED Display Voice Prompt with Pet Immune PIR for House Office Business – Auto Dial External Siren
- 🔔 YISEELE alarm system is fit for apartments, condos and small businesses. Products include one alarm base station, 10 door sensors, oneanti-pet motion sensor, fourremote controls, and onewired siren. The system can expand to eightwired defence zones and 91 wireless defence zones
- 🔔 No need network and no need telephone line. The security system can remotely control the alarm and remotely receive alarm information around the world as long as the 2G GSM sim card is installed (the product does not include the SIM card, which needs to be purchased separately). Also without the SIM card, it can still realize the on-site alarm function
- 🔔 No need to sign a contract with a security company. Inserting the SIM card (SIM card needs to be purchased separately), you can set six groups of alarm-phone numbers and two groups of alarm-SMS numbers. If there are children and the elderly in the home, just press the emergency button on the remote control to trigger an alarm, other family members to get help in time
- 🔔 YISEELE alarm base station has a built-in AAA Ni-Hi rechargeable battery. In emergencies such as power failure, it can continue to work for 5 hours. When the door/window sensor detects any forcible intrusion and the anti-pet motion sensor (pet immune 20KG) detects any suspicious movement or activity, when the wired siren will send out an alarm to notify family members and tell neighbors to prevent potential intruders
- 🔔 YISEELE wireless alarm system has an English voice, an English manual, it is a DIY home security system. The entire system has been programmed with all accessories before leaving the factory, without reprogramming. Please read the user manual carefully before use. If you have any questions, please email us, our customer service is online for 24 hours
Other Options to Consider
If you think having pets is why you don’t feel comfortable about having burglar alarms, you can get a smart alarm instead. The way these smart alarms work is through PIR as well.
The camera PIR takes multiple snapshots in jpeg formats sent directly to your phone instead of triggering and buzzing for a good twenty minutes.
The buzzing drives everyone crazy, including you, your neighbors, and your pets. Another feature of smart alarms is they’re connected directly to your phone. So, you can easily arm or un-arm the smart alarms from the comfort of your home.
However, the catch is that they might cost slightly more than regular burglar alarms. So, if you’re willing to pay the price for your peace of mind, smart alarms are certainly for you.
AGSHome Smart Alarm, Home Security Alarm System, 8-piece Kit, Wireless, Smartphone Alert, No Contract, Featuring 1 Alarm Siren, 5 Door Window Sensors, 2 Remote Key Fobs, Working with Alexa
- 🚨 AGSHome SMART ALARM: A smart way to protect your house with AGSHome Wireless Home Security Alarm System. No contracts or SUBSCRIPTION FEE. 8-piece kit includes the 1 alarm siren station, 5 windows door sensors and 2 remote controls. The distance between the sensor and megnet had to less than 1 CM
- 🚨 SIREN & APP NOTIFICATION: 120 decibel alarm siren helps deter intruder. Check in from anywhere in the world and receive real-time alerts and notifications when your alarm is triggered through your smart phone.
- 🚨 COMPLETE ALARM CONTROL: Arm and disarm the AGSHome alarm remotely through the Smart Life APP, Key Fob, or Voice Control (Work with Alexa, Google Home, or Siri shortcut).
- 🚨 EXPANDABLE SYSTEM: Design the perfect security system to suit your home. Add extra door and window sensors, motion sensors, keypads, water leak sensors, doorbell, etc. Supports expansion of up to 20 sensors and 5 key fobs or key pad controls to customize your alarm system.
- 🚨 EASY SETUP & NETWORK: Pre-linked wireless accessories make installation fast and simple. Wi-Fi connection, Only works on 2.4GHz network, does NOT support 5GHz networks.
How to Choose Which Pet-Friendly Alarm to Install?
This depends on plenty of factors. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution that can be applied here, as every house is different. It also depends on how many pets are in the house. Here are a few factors that should be examined before deciding which alarm to install:
Size of the House
This is key to deciding the type of pet-friendly alarm to install. The size determines how many cameras need to be installed in the house. The more rooms present in the house, the more cameras the owner would need.
Type of Pet
Another factor that has to be considered is the kind of pet you have. If you have a big dog, you’ll need to get an alarm that has specific motion sensors within it. Also, the number of pets determines which alarm you should get.
Final Verdict: Should You Get Burglar Alarms If You Have Pets?
You can certainly get a burglar alarm even though you have a pet. All you need is a pet-friendly burglar alarm, and before you worry that it might be more costly, we’re happy to tell you that it won’t.
They’re just like normal alarms except for their motion sensors. So, no matter how many pets you have, you can still protect your home by getting adequate burglar alarms. If you haven’t done so yet, we’ll suggest you get on it immediately.